Beet root is a plump, round vegetable that resembles a ruby gemstone plucked from the earth. Its vibrant red color is a sight to behold, and when sliced open, it reveals a tantalizingly sweet and earthy aroma.
It is perfect for making a refreshing smoothie. Beet root is not only a culinary delight, but it also boasts a wealth of health benefits, including being high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Beet root is sure to please the palate and nourish the body, whether eaten as a standalone dish or paired with other ingredients.
What are the benefits of Beet Root?In recent times, beetroot has gained much popularity as an energy-rich food and a pre-workout supplement. I can boost NO production; it is rich in nitrates. It can also help recover faster and slow down aging due to antioxidants.<1>
Moreover, it is a natural product. Some of the reasons to include beetroot in your diet are:
• Nitrates: Beetroot is one of the best dietary sources of nitrates, which are converted to nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide is important for blood flow and can help lower blood pressure.<2,3>
• Folate: Beetroot is a good source of folate, which is important for the proper development of the nervous system in the developing fetus.
• Fiber: Beetroot contains about 3 grams of fiber per 100 grams, which helps in digestion.
• Vitamin C: Beetroot is a good source of Vitamin C, which is important for the immune system.
• Iron: Beetroot is a good source of iron that is important for producing red blood cells.
• Antioxidants: Beetroot contains antioxidants like betalains which have anti-inflammatory properties.
What sets beetroot powder or beetroot extract apart is its content of nitrates, and unique pigment betalains, a potent antioxidant.
Thus, include more of this delicious root or its extract in your diet for:
• Lowering blood pressure: Beetroot juice is rich in nitrates, which are converted to nitric oxide in the body. Nitric oxide helps to dilate blood vessels, which can lower blood pressure.<3>
• Improving athletic performance: Beetroot juice supplementation has been shown to improve endurance exercise performance by increasing the efficiency of the muscles to use oxygen.<4>
• Supporting cognitive function: Beetroot juice has been shown to improve blood flow to the brain and may support cognitive function.
• Supporting liver function: Beetroot contains betaine, an important nutrient that supports liver function.
• Anti-inflammatory properties: Beetroot contains antioxidants like betalains which have anti-inflammatory properties.<1>
• Supporting detoxification: Beetroot contains high levels of antioxidants, which can help to support the body's natural detoxification process. Hence, it can also be used for weight loss, too.
• Preventing cancer: Beetroot contains antioxidants like betalains which may inhibit the growth of certain types of cancer cells.
How to include beetroot root in a regular diet?
One of the problems with beetroot is that it is challenging to include it in a regular diet. It is hard and difficult to consume raw. There are multiple ways of including it in your regular diet. One way could be extracting its juice.
Another way could be using Beetroot Powder created by dehydrating the juice and not merely by grinding the beets to a powder. Adding Zenkgo raw beetroot powder is a fantastic way of enjoying all the benefits of beetroot without going through the hassle of extracting beetroot juice. Since it is created from beetroot powder, it preserves the taste, color, flavor, and health benefits of natural beetroot.
Still unsure how to consume beets? Below is a fantastic beetroot smoothie recipe to try.
Beetroot, Berry, and Spinach Smoothie Ingredients:
Add the beetroot, berries, spinach, banana, almond milk, honey, and vanilla extract to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately and enjoy!
This is a highly refreshing smoothie and yet low in calories. It is perfect for boosting energy levels, rich in antioxidants, nitrates, vitamins, and more.
Most importantly, you can use Zengko Organic Raw Beet Root Powder for preparing the smoothie. You do not need to essentially use the recipe mentioned above since Zenkgo Beet Root Powder can be added to just any smoothie, unlike raw beetroots.
Additionally, it is worth understanding that Zenkgo Beet Root Powder even exceeds natural beetroot in some health benefits since it is denser in certain nutrients like nitrates and antioxidants. Moreover, as already mentioned, what sets this product apart is that it is created by dehydrating beetroot juice and not by drying the ground beets.
So, If you are looking for something that has all the health benefits of beetroot and yet is easy to include in your lifestyle, and add to your daily smoothie, Zenkgo Beet Root Powder is among the best options.
1. Clifford T, Howatson G, West DJ, Stevenson EJ. The Potential Benefits of Red Beetroot Supplementation in Health and Disease. Nutrients. 2015;7(4):2801-2822. doi:10.3390/nu7042801
2. Baião D dos S, Conte-Junior CA, Paschoalin VMF, Alvares TS. Beetroot juice increase nitric oxide metabolites in both men and women regardless of body mass. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2016;67(1):40-46. doi:10.3109/09637486.2015.1121469
3. Jajja A, Sutyarjoko A, Lara J, et al. Beetroot supplementation lowers daily systolic blood pressure in older, overweight subjects. Nutr Res. 2014;34(10):868-875. doi:10.1016/j.nutres.2014.09.007
4. Murphy M, Eliot K, Heuertz RM, Weiss E. Whole Beetroot Consumption Acutely Improves Running Performance. Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. 2012;112(4):548-552. doi:10.1016/j.jand.2011.12.002