Introducing the golden elixir of health - Turmeric! This exotic spice is a flavor powerhouse in your kitchen and a powerhouse of health benefits.
Imagine sipping on a warm, comforting, delicious drink infused with the goodness of turmeric. Not only does it add a beautiful golden hue to your drink, but it also packs a punch of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
Whether you're looking to soothe a sore throat, improve digestion, or just looking for a healthy alternative to your morning coffee, turmeric as a drink is the perfect solution. The possibilities are endless, from turmeric lattes to turmeric teas and even smoothies. So, ditch your regular drink and add a touch of turmeric to your daily routine to boost health and flavor.
What benefits can turmeric bring to you?
Before we look at some of the unique benefits of turmeric drinks, it is worth knowing that turmeric golden milk has been traditionally consumed in India for detoxification, reducing inflammation, and boosting immunity.
Below are some incredible turmeric benefits:
- Anti-Inflammatory: Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming turmeric in a drink form can help to reduce inflammation in the body, which may be beneficial for conditions such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and even cancer.1
- Antioxidant: Curcumin is also known for its antioxidant properties. Antioxidants help to neutralize harmful free radicals in the body, which can damage cells and contribute to various diseases. Drinking turmeric can help to protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. This may have an antiaging effect, lower the risk of chronic health disorders, and even help minimize cancer risk.2
- Brain Health: Curcumin has been found to have a positive effect on brain function and may help to prevent neurological diseases. Drinking turmeric can also help to improve memory and cognitive function.3
- Digestion: Turmeric is known to have a beneficial effect on digestion. It may help to reduce bloating, gas, and stomach discomfort and improve the absorption of nutrients.4
- Heart Health: Turmeric can also help to reduce inflammation in the cardiovascular system and may help to reduce the risk of heart disease by reducing the formation of plaques in the arteries.5
Turmeric drink or curcumin is not just for managing health disorders. It is incredibly good for preventing health disorders. Moreover, it can be readily combined with other natural ingredients. Thus, one can consume turmeric honey, turmeric ginger, and so on. Here options are endless, and additional ingredients can provide extra health benefits.
Turmeric drink must be a part of your detoxification regime. The curcumin in turmeric is also known to help boost liver function, which is key for detoxifying the body. Drinking turmeric as a drink may help to support the liver in removing toxins from the body and improve overall detoxification. Additionally, turmeric may also help to reduce inflammation in the gut, which can be beneficial for gut health and improving digestion, both of which are important for detoxifying the body.
How to make turmeric honey
Turmeric honey could be an excellent way to enjoy the health benefits of turmeric. The good thing about it is that it is all-natural, easy to store, and can be used in many ways. For example, one can add turmeric honey to milk, various beverages, and different foods.
It is relatively simple to prepare:
- Take 1 or 2 teaspoons of ground turmeric
- Mix turmeric with one-fourth cup of raw honey
- Add about half a teaspoon of black pepper to boost its bioavailability and health effects
- Store in a sealed jar at room temperature
You can even simply consume a teaspoon of turmeric honey in the morning. It will help improve your mood and boost immunity. It will also have a soothing effect on the throat. Alternatively, you can add a teaspoon or two to your tea or even milk.
If you want to be more creative, below are some fantastic ideas to enjoy turmeric honey daily.
- Golden Milk: Mix turmeric and honey mix, cinnamon, and ginger in a cup of warm milk sweetened with honey and enjoy a warm, comforting and healthy drink.
- Lemon and Turmeric Honey: Combine lemon juice, turmeric and honey to make a spread for toast or a drizzle for salads.
- Turmeric and honey face mask: Use turmeric and honey to make a face mask that can help to reduce inflammation and improve the appearance of the skin.
- Turmeric and honey tea: Add turmeric and honey, along with ginger, to make a soothing tea that can help to reduce inflammation and improve digestion.
- Sweetener for yogurt and oatmeal: Add turmeric and honey to yogurt and oatmeal for a healthy and delicious breakfast.
- Turmeric honey vinaigrette: Mix turmeric and honey with olive oil and apple cider vinegar to make a delicious vinaigrette for salads.
In conclusion, turmeric honey is a delicious and versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of ways to add flavor and health benefits to your meals and drinks. In addition, Turmeric honey is easy to make and a great way to incorporate the benefits of turmeric into your diet in a delicious way.
- Jurenka JS. Anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin, a major constituent of Curcuma longa: a review of preclinical and clinical research. Altern Med Rev. 2009;14(2):141-153.
- Krup V, Prakash L H, A H. Pharmacological Activities of Turmeric (Curcuma longa linn): A Review. J Homeop Ayurv Med. 2013;02(04). doi:10.4172/2167-1206.1000133
- Mishra S, Palanivelu K. The effect of curcumin (turmeric) on Alzheimer’s disease: An overview. Ann Indian Acad Neurol. 2008;11(1):13-19. doi:10.4103/0972-2327.40220
- Ng QX, Soh AYS, Loke W, Venkatanarayanan N, Lim DY, Yeo WS. A Meta-Analysis of the Clinical Use of Curcumin for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). Journal of Clinical Medicine. 2018;7(10):298. doi:10.3390/jcm7100298
- Li H, Sureda A, Devkota HP, et al. Curcumin, the golden spice in treating cardiovascular diseases. Biotechnology Advances. 2020;38:107343. doi:10.1016/j.biotechadv.2019.01.010